Seminars and Conference
FINAL CALL Traumatextualities: Trauma in the clinical, arts and humanities contexts
5th - 7th September, 2014, University of Nottingham, UK
Following the huge success of the 2010 and 2012 IHHN conferences in Nottingham and New Jersey (USA), Nottingham Health Humanities and the ICSPCRR (International Consortium for the Study of Post-Conflict Reconstruction and Reconciliation) are pleased to announce the 3rd IHHN conference, to be held in Nottingham.
With the centenary of WW1, the occasion to reflect on the broader realities of conflicts and their traumas is of paramount importance. We are looking for papers that will engage with the topics of war, conflict, trauma, PTSD, among others, in a diverse array of contexts, past or present, military and non-military. Papers should have an interdisciplinary approach and serve as the interface between Health and Humanities contexts.
We seek submission of abstracts for 20-30 minutes presentations on, but not limited to:
- Trauma in Literature and the arts
- History of Conflict and War
- Individual experiences of trauma in arts, texts and humanities
- General Health Humanities themed papers.
Please submit proposals to: email@example.com by 30th July
Call for Papers
We seek submission of abstracts for 20-30 minutes presentations, 1hour symposia, poster presentations on, but not limited to: Trauma in Literature and the arts/ PTSD/ History of Conflict and War/ Individual experiences
Past Seminars and Conference
Second International Health Humanities Conference: Music, Health, and Humanity
The Colleges of the Arts and of the Humanities and Social Sciences at Montclair State University, New Jersey, USA, hosted the Second International Health Humanities Conference from Thursday-Saturday, 9, 10, 11 August, 2012.
- For information on the Second International Health Humanities Conference: Music, Health, and Humanity, please visit the conference website
- For updates on the conference, and for further discussion about the Health Humanities, please join the Health Humanities Facebook page
- Conference Flyer (PDF)
The 1st International Health Humanities Conference
The 1st International Health Humanities Conference – In August 2010 the Institute of Mental Health and the Madness and Literature Network HOSTED the 1st International Health Humanities Conference, the theme of which was Madness and Literature.
- 1st International Health Humanities Conference: Madness and Literature - Conference Programme
- Opening Talk Crawford Health Humanities
- Brian Adams
- Alan Beattie
- Jose Belda
- Rachel Blumenthal
- Andrea Capstick
- Sarah Chaney
- Scott Fitzpatrick
- David Flood
- Saara Jantti
- Birgit Linder
- Sheba D Mani
- Iain McClure
- Joanne Parsons
- Mary Shannon
- Katarzyna Szmigiero
- Sam Walton
- James Whitehead
- Dave Wilson